And a significant benefit of a picnic table plan crafted family table over any store bought options, is that you possess a very much arger option of construction material, perservative and type. And with the economic times taking a bite out of our earnings, building a picnic table yourself using a excellent set of picnic table plans would keep in my pocket a ton of dollars.
So, off I surfed on Yahoo looking for options for a picnic table. The search of course, turned up literally 100's of citations for a picnic table plan, but which one to select. I had heard about unfortunate experiences from acquaintances of mine who used free plans online only to discover after buying project materials and having begun to assemble the table, that measurements were incorrect, instructions dropped, and construction requiring hardware you couldn't find.
By a stroke of luck, I knew a guy next door who was a bonafide DIY guy, who had built backyard structures and outdoor benches from designs, and so I asked him about putting together a picnic table from ideas. He was actually full of practical ideas and gave me some realvery practical advice regarding building picnic tables and other garden structures:
1) Wood choice is really critical. You need wood fight off decomposition, decay and insects. Redwood, and cedar are both great choices as well as teak or ipe ( pricey, but actually appealing). You can also benefit from wood composite materials that are 100 % immune.
2) Make certain you pick an outdoor finish that not only saves the wood, but also blocks the UV rays of your daylight which can rapidly dull the wood.
3) The metallic components have got to be temperature-resistant stainless steel or coated.
4) And if glue is necessary, work with only glue specifically formulated for outdoor tasks.
5) Style-wise it is very much far more sophisticated to develop a trestle design picnic table (2 independent legs like an inverted T, with a part called a stretcher, bracing them together), rather than getting a crossed leg variation like those garden center cheesy looking types.
Wow what great information. I asked him exactly where he got all his knowledge. He instructed me that he had purchased a complete collection of project options on Dvd (more than 10,000 of them including picnic table plans, outdoor shed plans, and far more), and they were the greatest, most comprehensive and thorough options with lots of pictures. And he mentioned that they were uncomplicated to follow even for a amateur (like myself). This was truly necessary, since there is no worse emotion than putting time, work and dollars into a venture and then being aggravated, or suffering the embarrassment of friends and family viewing your goof ups.
So, my handyman's recommendation was excellent. I went on line and obtained that selection of options (it was so surprisingly low-cost - I couldn't believe that it was less than a cent per complete plan) and I made a lovely cedar picnic table that I keep on getting compliments on from acquaintances and family members.
Well, got to go, the steaks are on the barbecue, and my better half is on her way out with the potato salad.
Select from a variety of about 12,000 picnic table plan such as shop plans, 8x10 shed plans to 12x16 storage shed plans, and get step-by-step complete extensively color illustrated directions, and a woodworking course that can make your shed construction simple and price effective even in case you really are a complete novice.